Willows Veterinary Centre and Referral Service are committed to achieving the highest possible levels of environmental sustainability through the delivery of best in class patient care and treatment.
Willows recognises that all businesses impact the environment in many different ways. As such, Willows is committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance to reduce our carbon footprint and ensure a positive impact on the environment.
Willows’ environmental group, known as the ‘Green Giants’ have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the provision of veterinary care:
- Consumption of electricity, water and gas
- Use of volatile halogenated anaesthetic gases
- Waste production and disposal
- Paper usage
- Transport of personnel and utilisation of a commercial vehicle
- Procurement and supplies.
As an organisation, Willows is committed to reducing these and other impacts and the continual improvement of our environmental performance. Our policy is to comply with environmental legislation and regulations relevant to our organisation and its activities, according to the EU and Environment Agency.
As part of our environmental commitment, Willows aims to achieve the highest accreditation with Investors in the Environment (iiE) in working towards the Green level. We aim to achieve long-term environmental benefits, which will be delivered across the whole organisation to reduce our carbon footprint and become leaders in the field of environmental sustainability. Willows are also looking to reduce incidences that result in liability, conserve raw materials and energy, monitor our impact and demonstrate results.
We are committed to working with our associates, customers, referring practices, suppliers, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following;
- Increase cost-effectiveness by reducing our consumption of energy and raw materials
- Reduce waste and carbon emissions both locally and in the wider environment
- Systematically assess the environmental impact of all aspects of our company
- Set targets for measurable annual improvements
- Make our progress available for independent assessment (iiE).
It is the responsibility of all associates, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy through active participation and co-operation.
This environmental policy will be displayed at all times and is openly available to all members of the public via willows.uk.net
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of Willows Veterinary Centre and Referral Service and is a shared responsibility with our associates.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.