Several general anaesthetics are required during investigation, planning and treatment, and so patients undergoing radiotherapy should be free of significant heart, kidney or liver disease and should ideally not have any concurrent problems that could be problematic.
There are a number of centres currently offering radiation therapy for brain tumours.
- Southfields Veterinary Specialists
- University of Liverpool Veterinary School
- University of Cambridge Veterinary School
- University of Glasgow Veterinary School
- University of Edinburgh Veterinary School
- Animal Health Trust, Newmarket.
Radiotherapy is not an inexpensive treatment, further information regarding costs and any additional implications for your pet can be discussed with your pet’s Oncologist who will be happy to help.