We want to reassure you that Willows Veterinary Centre and Referral Service remains fully open, providing Specialist care and treatment across 14 disciplines as well as General Practice appointments for all your pet’s healthcare needs.
We realise pet owners may be feeling anxious at this time. However, we wanted to reassure you that the wellbeing of our teams, clients and patients is our number one priority and we will continue to deliver care and treatment with some important safety measures in place. We continue to follow government advice and professional guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
Our team members are equipped with all necessary PPE equipment (including facemasks and visors), and will continue to follow stringent cleaning, hand washing and social distancing procedures, as we remain committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of all.
In light of these challenging circumstances, we have taken the difficult decision to limit access to the Hospital for the majority of clients in order to ensure we are taking every possible step to reduce the spread of COVID-19. We will continue to closely monitor these measures in line with guidance from the Government and RCVS.
Guidance for visiting Willows:
If you have a pre-arranged appointment you should attend this unless contacted by our team to advise otherwise.
When visiting Willows, the following precautions are in place to protect everyone who works in and visits our Hospital:
- On arrival, please make your way to the main entrance
- Check-in will take place in at our reception pods within the Hospital, each pod has been fitted with a protective screen
- You will then be required to return to your car until your appointment
- At the time of the appointment you will be contacted by phone and the Vet will carry out a consultation via telephone or come out to the car park to conduct the consultation
- Following the initial consultation, you will be advised if your pet will be collected from the car park or if you are to bring your pet to the main entrance
- Your pet will then be brought into the hospital by a member of our team for examination
- Following physical examination the Vet will provide further consultation over the telephone or come out to the car park to complete the consultation and discuss the appropriate treatment options
- All visitors are required to wear a facemask or covering
- Hand sanitising stations are available in the entrance foyer.
- We continue to offer non face to face alternatives such as phone or video consultation if appropriate.
If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or if you are experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/or fever), and your pet needs veterinary care, please call us. We will be able to advise you on how your pets can receive the care they need.
If you have been self-isolated with COVID-19 and have recently visited Willows, please let us know as soon as possible
Thank you for your understanding during this time. We remain committed to delivering the best possible care for your pet when they need it most.