We want to reassure you that following the Government’s recent guidelines Willows Veterinary Centre and Referral Service remains fully open, providing Specialist care and treatment across 14 disciplines as well as General Practice appointments for all your pet’s healthcare needs.
We have been working extensively to ensure that we can continue to deliver the best possible care in line with COVID-19 social distancing guidelines. Our team members are equipped with all necessary PPE equipment (including facemasks and visors) and will continue to follow stringent cleaning, hand washing, and social distancing procedures, as we remain committed to the health, safety, and wellbeing of all.
Guidance for visiting Willows
When visiting Willows, the following precautions are in place to protect everyone who works in and visits our Hospital:
- On arrival, please make your way to the main entrance
- To maintain social distancing, we are only able to allow one person per pet to enter the building
- All visitors are required to wear a facemask or covering and must remain 2m apart at all times
- Hand sanitising stations are available at the entrance and within the reception area
- Check-in will take place at our reception pods within the Hospital, each pod has been fitted with a protective screen
- You will then be asked to take a seat in our waiting area until the time of your appointment
- At the time of the appointment, you will be met the Vet and invited through to the consultation room with your pet
- All of our consultation rooms have been fitted with protective screens to ensure that social distancing can be maintained throughout the consultation
- Following consultation and/or examination you will be asked to return to our reception to book any further appointments and to arrange payment
- We continue to offer non-face to face alternatives such as phone or video consultation if preferred.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or if you are experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/or fever), and your pet needs veterinary care, please call us. We will be able to advise you on how your pet(s) can receive the care they need.
If you have been self-isolating with COVID-19 and have recently visited Willows, please let us know as soon as possible
Thank you for your understanding during this time. We remain committed to delivering the best possible care for your pet when they need it most.