This site is optimised for modern web browsers, and does not fully support your browser version, we suggest the use of one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, some sections of the website may not work correctly such as web forms
Initial approach to the dyspnoeic cat – Conscious, sedated or anaesthetised?
Wednesday 20 February 2019
Willows Referral Service, Highlands Road, Shirley Solihull B90 4NH
0121 712 7070
The presentation of a dyspnoeic cat is a common emergency in general practice. Often these patients are very vulnerable and incorrect management could ‘tip them over the edge’ with dramatic consequences. Also these cats may require some sort of chemical restraint to allow investigations to be performed. Due to the fragile state of these patients, correct decision making is paramount. What to do before sedating these patients? Would general anaesthesia be better than sedation?
During this evening forum, an ECC Specialist and an anaesthesia Specialist will explain the best approach to the dyspnoeic cat, from the triage phase to the stabilisation and examination which are fundamental prior to sedating these patients. A logical step-by-step approach is critical for patient survival. Different types of chemical restraint will be described, together with their pro and cons and how to tailor them to each patient.
Please login to book
To ensure you don't miss this event, register to receive CPD Forum updates - you will then be emailed as soon as the registration form is made available and when new CPD events are added. Unfortunately, bookings cannot be made on your behalf by contacting the practice directly.
For directions and contact details please go to our contact page.
To register for this CPD event you must be a registered member, if you already have an account please sign in below otherwise please register here.
Becoming a registered member has the following benefits:
- rapidly register to attend Willows CPD events
- track your Willows CPD attendance
- download CPD Attendance Certificates
- download CPD Day Forum Invoices
- the ability to manage your registration for Willows CPD updates
- even quicker on-line registration of routine referred cases
- the facility to review the cases you have referred to Willows
- the option to quickly record emergency cases you have referred over the phone, and have these automatically entered into the quarterly draw (see below)
- track the log of cases you have referred to Willows Referral Service
To encourage use of this new efficient process, for each case you refer using the form and which is then seen by us, you will be entered into a quarterly prize draw!