We realise pet owners may be feeling anxious at this time. However, we wanted to reassure you that we are doing all we can to support our pet owners, referring colleagues and patients.
From 23rd March, for an initial three-week period, veterinary practices have been physically open for urgent and emergency cases only, following government advice and professional guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) and British Veterinary Association (BVA).
Following new guidance, from 14th April, some additional services can be offered to our patients, while still following COVID-19 guidelines and strict social distancing. Any additional services we can offer will depend on a risk assessment which considers the safety of our clients and teams with the welfare of your pet, to ensure the most appropriate course of action is determined. Of course, Willows Veterinary Centre and Referral Service will continue to be physically open for urgent and emergency cases.
As we continue to comply with social distancing rules, we are working in smaller teams to reduce the spread of COVID-19. It is likely that fewer appointments will be available and that we will need to prioritise cases on clinical assessment and need.
Examples of services which may be possible:
We strongly believe in vaccination and the benefits of preventative healthcare, however risks vary based on geography, lifestyle and previous history. We will use our professional judgment and discretion to assess each individual situation and advise you on the best course of action.
We will assess your pet’s situation based on welfare, population control and individual household circumstances to decide if the need for neutering your pet is essential or if it can be safely delayed further. We are also mindful of the need to preserve essential PPE and anaesthetic which are required by the NHS.
If your pet requires one of the above treatments, please contact us on 0121 712 7070. For existing clients, if a member of our team has not already been in touch with you, please contact us.
We are currently reviewing how best to re-introduce some of these services while keeping you and our teams as safe as possible – so please bear with us, it may take us longer to answer calls or respond to email/web requests. If you have any other concerns about your pet’s health, please contact us to discuss how we can help you.
Flea and worm treatments
Will continue to be provided based on your pet’s need. Please contact us to order more.
Prescriptions and food
Will still be supplied, however the process for ordering may have changed. Please contact us if you require more.
Guidance for visiting Willows:
If you are visiting Willows for an urgent or emergency appointment, the following precautions are in place to protect everyone who works in and visits our Hospital:
• If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, had close contact with someone who has, or if you are experiencing symptoms (new persistent cough and/or fever), and your pet needs veterinary care, please call us. We will be able to advise you on how your pets can receive the care they need.
• If you have been self-isolated with COVID-19 and have recently visited Willows, please let us know as soon as possible.
• On arrival, please wait in your car and call our reception team on 0121 712 7070 to notify them of your arrival.
•At the time of the appointment you will be contacted by phone and asked to bring your pet to the front door which will be opened for you to put your pet in the vestibule where a member of the team will be waiting.
• A member of our team will then bring your pet into the hospital to be examined.
• Consultation with a Vet will take place over the phone whilst you are in your vehicle, during which the appropriate treatment options will be discussed.If you need to change any appointments because you are in isolation, please call us and we will rearrange these for you.
We have made this decision as the health and wellbeing of our patients, clients and team is our number-one priority.
Thank you for your understanding during this time. We remain committed to delivering the best care for your pet and for now, stay safe, we are here for you if you need us.